Vivien Hair Topper Wash and Care Guide
Vivien hair topper is 100% real hair, both Remy Hair Topper and High Quality Virgin Hair Topper. We and our clients want to get the most out of the Vivien hair topper. Of course, this is only possible if the client takes good care of the hair, and the better the care, the longer the Vivien hair topper will last.
Before washing the hair topper, gently comb through the hair topper to remove any tangles. Start at the ends of the hair and work your way down to the roots of the hair topper. Whenever possible, use a comb designed specifically for hair extensions.
Depending on how often you wear your hair topper will determine how often you need to wash it. For daily use, I recommend that you wash it every 2-4 weeks, depending on your activity level.
We recommend using a professional hair extension shampoo and conditioner. Be careful that the shampoo must not contain sulfates. Simply fill the sink with warm water and mix a coin-sized amount of shampoo into the water to form a soapy lather. Dip the hair topper into the water, grabbing the end area of the hair to avoid tangles. Dip the hair topper back and forth into and out of the lather-rich water several times, allowing the lathered water to pass well through all the hair strands. Then empty the sink and rinse the shampoo out with running warm water. You can wash your hair twice if you feel the need.
Gently squeeze excess water from your hair (do not rub or wring it out). Gently wipe hair with a towel to remove excess water before conditioning.
While hair is still wet, apply a small amount of hair conditioner for hair extensions to the palm of your hand and spread it evenly through the hair. Avoid applying conditioner to the base of the hair topper as it may loosen the knots in the base of the hair topper and cause the hair strands to fall out. Leave the conditioner on the hair for 3-5 minutes. When hair is wet and saturated with conditioner, gently comb the hair topper away from the ends and upwards. Your fingertips are the gentlest, but you can also gently use a wide-tooth comb. Be gentle with your movements and do not stretch the hair. Thoroughly rinse the conditioner from your hair under running cool water. Gently squeeze excess water from hair topper (do not rub or twist) and gently wipe hair with a towel (do not twist or wring).
It is best to let your hair topper dry naturally on a mannequin head, as this is the gentlest on the hair strands. Although air drying is the gentlest option, you can also use a warm sit-down hair dryer to dry your hair. Once the hair is dry, you can use heated styling tools such as curling irons and irons. Use styling products (such as hair sprays) that are designed specifically for real hair toppers. Use as little product as possible to prolong the life of the hair topper.
Store your pieces on the mannequin head when you are not using them to help retain their shape. Do not store your pieces in direct sunlight as this may cause the color to oxidize (lighten). Store with the clips closed, not open. Any size mannequin head can be used as a topper. Make sure you use the correct size mannequin head for your hair topper so it doesn't get stretched out while in storage. Your piece can also be stored in a box if you don't plan to hang it outside every day.
- Don't wash hair topper too often. while washing your hair can help keep it clean, it can also strip it of moisture and cause it to become brittle.
- Don't wash hair topper in the shower.
- Do not apply conditioner directly to the hair topper base as this can cause the knots to loosen over time.
- Do not use hot water when washing hair topper hair.
- Do not comb tangled hair while it is still wet.
- Don't forget to treat the hair on top of your hair! You can use some essential oils to nourish the hair strands.
- Lighter hair colors are more delicate than darker hair colors and require more care to maintain the hair.
- Direct sunlight can fade hair, so avoid storing hair topper where it will be exposed to light.
- Do not wear hair topper while sleeping. this can lead to hair loss, breakage and matting.
- Over time, your hair topper will lose its hair. This is a natural part of the hair topper's life cycle.
You May Also Want To Read